Friday, May 1, 2009
Great Family Pets
5 Reasons Rottweiler Puppies Make Great Family Pets
By: Kathleen Chester
When you’re thinking about getting a family pet you might not consider Rottweiler puppies to be the kind of puppies that you would bring into a family situation. There has been some bad press about Rottweiler dogs in the past and some people think because of this that Rottweiler puppies aren’t good family pets. That is not true. Rottweiler puppies can be great family pets, for the right family. Here are 5 reasons why Rottweiler puppies can be great family pets:
1. Rottweiler digs are great watchdogs – If you want to get a dog that will protect your family and your property as well as be a loving addition to your family then you should definitely consider getting a Rottweiler puppies. Rottweilers are known to be fiercely protective of their property and their families and are vigilant about protecting what they love.
2. Rottweiler puppies are drawn to children - It’s a breed characteristic that Rottweilers are drawn to children and usually develop a special bond with the children in their family. Children and all breeds of dogs can have conflicts based on individual personality and should not be left alone together unsupervised but as a breed Rottweilers usually bond very strongly to children.
3. Rottweiler puppies are very intelligent – Because the breed is known for intelligence the puppies are usually very easy to train and can take commands well. However proper socialization is extremely important for the breed so formal training or puppy classes are highly recommended by most breeders.
4. Rottweilers are very active – Rottweilers are working dogs, and they need to be busy and active in order to be happy. Being part of a loving, active family is a great situation for Rottweilers. If they are not given work to do or kept busy Rottweilers will get bored and can be destructive so make sure that your Rottweiler gets lots of exercise.
5. Rottweilers need minimal grooming – In a family setting a dog that high maintenance grooming needs often gets neglected until the dog’s fur becomes a problem. Rottweilers have short coats that require only minimal brushing to stay healthy and shiny.
Posted by Timotius Budiman at 8:33 PM